Sunday, December 4, 2016

XC/Trail - 29er - Carbon Frame - Evil the Following 2016

Because red goes faster.


Introduction :

Hello there ! 
"Hold on, does this guy still exists ?" you may be wondering. Well, yes I am still there !
I've been so busy the last couple of weeks (ok, couple of month), but here I am for a brand new setup.
For this one i wanted a clean sober look, with light red touches, and I have to say that I think I have what I was looking for.
Evil bikes are one of my favorite looking brands, thanks to their "Delta system" suspension linkages that looks so damn good :D
According to them, The following (their 130mm of travel all around bike is a "Monster truck wheels with a sports car feel. We really wanted to create a FUN, versatile, yet aggressive short travel, big wheel trail bike with progressive geometry that could be at home on all day adventures, slashing trails or riding jump lines." Versatile bike, perfect. So I started with a matte black The Following frameset, which comes at 2.7KG with rear shock and headset installed.

Suspension :

The stock rear shock is a RockShox Monrach RCT3 Debonair was ok for me, so I just focused on the front fork this time. Lets see... 130mm is usually a Revelation (or a 34...), but you can also find some Pikes with that "litle" travel. Considering the intended use of the bike (both cute trails and hard enduro trails and jumps), I'll go for a 130mm RockShox Pike, with black stickers.




Transmission : 

This time you'll find some Shimano XT for gear shifting, but not any XT : im talking about the brand new XT DI2 groupset. Everything will be XT, except the chain that will be a Black and Red KMC X11 SL DLC, that matches the red pulleys of the rear mech.
Cranckset is also a Shimano XT with 28-38 double chainrings. Since it allready has a front mech, no need of any chainguide. 
The BB will be the usual beautifull Chris King PF bottom bracket with the good old ceramic bearings : beautifull and efficient.

Drive Train :

Well well well, I had a bunch of fun there. The final system is a pair of I9 (Industry Nine) Enduro 305, with red hub, spokes and valve. I spent quite a bunch of time on I9's custom designer and that made me fall in love into their wheels, so expect to see more I9 in the future^^
For the rubber stuff, I took some 2.35 Magic Mary, from Schwalbe.

Brakes :

Once more you will find some Hope Tech brakes, with a mix E4/X2. Why ? E4 on front : 4 pistons for more power, and X2 on rear because you dont need as much power as the front brake and to save a litle bit of weight : its a bike mean for heavy use, but its not an Enduro bike...
They will both be red, with black cylender cap and lever.
 


Rotors will be from Alligator, with the 180mm version of the Windcutter. Sharp edges <3

Other Peripherics :

You will also find a red Hope seatclamp that hold in place a Race Face Turbine dropper post and an Ergon SME3-M Pro red saddle. On front of the bike, you will find an Easton Haven stem (60mm) and bars (750mm wide, 20mm rise, adn damn red !), with red lock on grips from Reverse Components.
 
Finally, the pedals are the wonderfull red T1 from HT components, with titanium axle of course.
Conclusion :

My following will be a 12.9Kg monster ready for both pedaling and going downhill which will cost around 7100€.

Preview :

No comments:

Post a Comment