Saturday, May 7, 2016

Enduro - 650B - Carbon Frame - Mondraker Dune XR C 2016

You know how I like when colors are fitting well on a bike. For my new enduro, I wanted to use a DVO fork (dont ask why, I dont really know), which means GREEEN ! (however it would not really be DVO...). So I searched for a green CF enduro frame. This is what I ended on.
The goal was to make a pretty exotic setup (which mean no Enve... :'( ), starting with that good looking DVO thing. I searched for the right frame pretty long (green but not enduro, enduro but not green...) but i fanally found what i wanted : the Mondraker Dune XR Carbon.
Green, and exotic. Perfect.
 The bikes comes with a Fox Float X2 Factory rear shock (the only picture of the frame alone which is this one seems to have a normal Float X...), frame protections, an OnOff headset with the ZS44 standard up and the ZS56 standard down and a seat clamp.
As allways, I start with the fork which will be the Diamond 160mm travel fork.
The DVO green seems to be a litle bit brighter than the frame, but i didn not find an other frame so...
Lets move back to the transmission, with the Shimano 1x11 XTR groupset (mech, 11-40 cassette, shifter and cables) and a Race face Next SL 32T chainring. The bottom bracket bearings are from Hope Tech. I also wanted the chainrings from Hope, but I didn't find it on green color...Chain is a KMC X11SL DLC 11s and I also took a MRP MX V3 chainguide.
 About transmission, I feel like we seriously need a 3rd (or more) brand on the market for our mechs. If you want an exotic system, then you can just go to hell... That's sad to me.
Drive train is given to Reynolds (not really known on MTB, for on road cycling it is) enduro carbon wheels. It is exotic and also have green stickers, what can I ask else ? Litle bad point : it is homemade hubs, i'd rather some Chris King/ Aivee hubs... But anyway, it is good looking, and this is what I was
looking for. No lie : it has a really stunning design, to me at least ! Tyres are some Maxxis Ardent 650B tubeless.
An other exotic thing that I found : the dropper post. Indeed, we are used to allways see the classic Rock Shox Reverb, or some KS Lev seatpost, but what about the Race Face ?
It basically have the same design than the others, but we are not used to see it at all, and I enjoyed the remote lever, which seems to be ergonomic.
Saddle is a SDG Bel Air RL 2.0 with green stuff on it, of course and titanium rails (lighter or heavier than carbon ? I dont know...).
heading back to the front of the bike, with a Spank Spike Race 0° and 35mm stem, special DVO edition ( MOAR GREEEEN :D). Same brand and color for the grips. You will also find  a (green) Race Face Atlas handlebar which makes 12.7mm rise and 785mm wide. 
For pedals, I choosed the Xpedo brand with the GFX model, since we are not used to see them (Shimano, Crank Brothers, Shimano........).
And for the carfull guys who noticed this, yes there is no brakes on that bike, I told you : it is exotic and we dont need that extra weight !
Im kiding, of course. I took the Hope Tech 3 V4 dual piston calipers, with some Hope V4 floating 200mm rotors and pads. Again, I wanted some green brakes (I know they exist on the Hope brand) , but I didnt find them on shop...This is why they'll be black.
 

The final result is a super Green bike (red is faster, but never mind), set up with some exotic equipement (dont be scared to share with me some more exotic brands) and a wheight of 12.4 KG and a price of  9 610€. Beauty is expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment