Sunday, May 22, 2016

XC/Trail - 29er - Carbon Frame - Canyon Lux CF 29 2016

I didnt do many pure XC bikes since I started. This is why I asked you guys what did you want : full or semi rigid ? Result was full suspension, so here I go !
(stay tuned on google plus^^, im working on a facebook page)

Introduction :

I allready told you : i really like Canyon bikes, and you know why.
I choosed the Canyon Lux CF 29 frameset, but I'll tune it a bit. The base is light (2.2kg with a Fox shock that'll remove, I'll explain why on Suspension section), has Flex pivot technology which means lower weight (no bearings to to the flex job) without stiffness loss. The frame also has a pretty innovant technology called IPU for Impact Protection Unit. What is it you say ? Well, when you crash, your bar ends might hit the top tube, and we all know that carbon doesnt like being hit hard... What Canyon did is a smart system which stops the handlebar before it gets to the top tube : no hit, no damage.
 The frame is "given" with a Cane Creek 40 headset and a Fox Float Factory Evlo Kashima rear shock.
 














 Suspension :

Even if I have nothing against that pretty Fox shock, I wont keep it. Indeed, I think that an XC bike NEEDS a remote control for flat pedaling section to be as efficient as possible and this one has not.
I'll take the exact same one, but with the remote system. As long as it hasnt the remote lever included, it is the exact same weight.
The fork will be a Fox Float Factory 32 Kashima Fit4 100mm, also with a remote
These two suspensions will be centralized with the Fox Dual control lever.
Transmission :

Shifting is given to Shimano's high end groupset aka XTR, mechanical version, (since it's slightly lighter than the DI2) shifter cables (yellow wires) and rear mech. The cassete is an E-thirteen TRS+  9-44 which you will probably see often on my bikes, since it has a bigger range than the XTR for the same weight. On front I have a Race Face Next SL 32T chainring and cranks, and a Race Face Pressfit botom bracket.
Chain is a KMC X11Sl 11s with a beautifull gold finsih. You guessed it, the big will have a yellow theme !

Drive Train :

No Enve today ! I found lighter... Yes it is possible. Rims are the EC90 XC carbon from Easton with Easton E1 hubs, with the 15x100 and 12x145 axle standards.
No yellow stickers, which is pretty sad, but a light weight is still better for XC I guess.
Tyres are Contiental Race King 29x2.2 Tubeless.



















Brakes :

Which brake is good looking, powerfull AND light ? Easy ! Magura has some really awesome brakes called MT8.
According a few tests, these litle brakes are one of the most powerfull and light XC brakes. What we are looking for, and they have a beautifull carbon lever... Even if I'd rather the MT7's color... (its yellow, but since they both have the same shape on the lever, I guess I can change the stickers for yellow)
The rotors will be two 160mm Ashima Aro 08 gold color, since they are aparently the lightest on the market, and they'll be pinched by Brake Authority's pads.
Other devices :

If there is a good place to save weight after wheels, it is definitely on the peripherics.
Lets start with the seatpost : a Ritchey Superlogic One bolt carbon. I hesitated a litle bit to take a dropper...Yes a dropper. indeed Julien Absalon did ride with one during the last championships, but the extra weight conviced me to choose the Ritchey.
Saddle is a Fizik Tundra 00 carbon. Back to front of the bike, you'll find... Enve. I did not really know that they were also doing handlbars and stems, but they do. And again, its hard to compete against Enve for weight... Stem will be a 80mm carbon fiber Enve stuff, but bars are also from ritchey, with the WCS carbon 2X 710, and MSC Ergo grips (yellow).
Finally, pedals are the Crank Brother Egg Beatter 11.

Conclusion :

Final bike is a 9.7 Kg monster for a total price of  8680€. Race ready !






No comments:

Post a Comment