Monday, July 11, 2016

DH/FR - 650B - Carbon Frame - Santa Cruz V10 CC 2016

I told you that I'll make some more affordable bike. I did one, but I think that my mind needs a little time to adapt (no worry, I'll make some more in the future !) ... To realise that there is some none carbon peripherics and frames, non kashima coated forks... So todays bike will be an expensive one (probably the most expensive I ever done). And for an expensive bike, whats better than a Santa Cruz ?

Introduction :

The V10 is the DH bike from made by Santa Cruz, and I think that it has the perfect name,since im sure that it goes even faster than a V8 engine... (haha, best joke of the century x) )
Santa Cruz is a High end brand, but there are graduations on this High end : the C versions of bike are carbon bike, with a decent fibre quality, while the CC versions are made with the best fibre Santa Cruz have. This means stiffer, lighter, better...... And more expensive (as an illustration of what I mean : The CC version of the V10 is 4799€ frame and shock abosrober only, while the C version is "only"  2299€).
The frame comes at 3.6kg with a Fox DHX2 Performance shock absorber and a headset from Cane Creek.
Suspensions :

As I said, the rear shock is a Fox DHX2 performance. I'd rather have an air version, but it'd mean going for RockShox, and thats not what I wanted...
Fork is a Fox 40 Factory FIT, 203mm of travel. It allows high and low speed compressions, preload and rebound settings. I hope that'll do the work, since the fork alone costs more than 2000€... 
Transmission :

Sram's specific groupset will be on that bike : X01 DH cassette, shifter and derailleurs, KMC chain and RaceFace SIXC carbon crankset with a 36t chainring, with a Race Face bottom bracket and a E-thirteen LG1 Race chainguide.





Drive Train :

Custom wheelset ! I tried to take the best of the best of the hubs, and rims. 
Start with some Chris King ISO DH ceramic Hubs, like this one : 

You got it ? Now add some E-Thirteen LG1 Race rims : light, stiff...and DH shaped : perfect !
Link all of them with some Spaim CX ray spokes and you will get a 1700g wheelset, ready for the worst DH trails ever made.
Finally, tyres will be the Maxxis Minion DHRII.

Brakes :

The Sram Guide brakes are probably the best DH brakes on the market, but I wanted something a bit more exotic... As the Hope Tech 3 V4 4 piston calipers, matched with the Hope Tech V4 floating discs.
 


Other Peripherics :

Finally, you'll find a Thomson Elite seatpost, a SDG I Fly saddle, RaceFace Straffe grips and Enve DH carbon stem and bars.
Pedals will be from Crank Brothers, with the Mallet DH Race.
 


Conclusion :

Final bike is a 13.6KG unstoppable beast, which will cost you... over 11 300€ :D So yes you will need to get a loaning to get this bike, but once you'll have it, im 100% sure that the smile it'll give you while riding will be worth it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment